Fluttermind is a one-man game development studio formed by Fable franchise co-creator, Dene Carter. Dene has a ridiculous mustache and a love of analog synthesizers. This might seem largely irrelevant, but his electronic torturings are a critical part of his game making process. The mustache, not so much.
Dene’s career began when he was a young teen in the 1980s, creating 8-bit games such as Rockman, Druid, Druid 2 and Cloud Kingdoms. In the mid 90s, he began working at Bullfrog Productions and was part of the core team on the original PC hit Dungeon Keeper. In 1998 he and his brother, Simon, started ‘Big Blue Box Studios’. This company created the game Fable together with Lionhead Studios.
In 2009, after years of working with a huge team, Dene left Lionhead to make games entirely by himself. After his first foray into iOS development with the silly endless flapper Flaboo! he created the atmospheric space adventure Incoboto which won critical acclaim, and was a finalist for the BAFTA awards.
Today, Dene is working on Spellrazor (a haunted arcade game from 1981), and several other prototypes.
Images available as .zip here.
Logo and icon available as .zip here.
Game Awards and Reviews
- 92/100 - Arcade Life http://arcadelife.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/incoboto-review-ipad/
- 4.5/5 - Touch Arcade http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/15/incoboto-review/
- 4.5/5 - AppleNApps http://applenapps.com/review/incoboto-a-unique-ios-experience-that-really-shines
- 4/5 - GameSpot http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/incoboto-review/1900-6365418/
- 9/10 - (VIDEO) Reviews on the Run http://www.reviewsontherun.com/all/spotlight/incoboto-ipad-video-review/
Spellrazor (based on initial preview version)
- Featured game on Game Jolt, Feb 2016
Misc Published Articles
Dene Carter - Coding, design, art, animation, music, sound effects, writing, PR and business development. And coffee drinking. Lots of coffee drinking.